giraffes and diamonds

Monday, September 19, 2005

nightmares & charlie horses

cranky hardly describes my mood of choice this past week. i'm sorry if i snapped at you or ignored you since it's extremely likely i did both. last night ushered excitement that this morning would be a new day and i was going to do whatever it took to make sure my demeanor reflected a positive one. too bad i had nightmares and woke up at six a.m. with a charlie horse in my left calf. due to such unfortunate events, i skipped my eight o'clock class (which really isn't out of the ordinary)but i had to get to the bottom of my antagonistic attitude.

it is now i realize the importance of the people i worship with. many of them have been the epitome of cynical but have also shown me what real compassion looks like. day in and day out. they remind me to laugh at life and when i get caught up in those meticulous details, it's my church family that helps me to rectify the proper perspective. my existence isn't my own or atleast it shouldn't be.

so, thanks guys and hopefully i'll see you all a little more this week!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger brandi said…

    i bet you could name them all. don't try to fool yourself, you have a hint of cynicism hidden in your heart as well -- be proud of it!

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Look at you being all adult with the real blog and the abandonment of xanga!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home